Rules and Regulations:
The main objective of the 4th Bird Festival of Goa and Bird Photography contest is sensitization, awareness and conservation of Wildlife with special emphasis on bird life and its critical habitat.
BIRD PHOTOGRAPHY Rules and Regulations
Contestants must minimize disturbance to bird life and habitat. Birds cannot be trapped or restrained. Judges will be asked to severely reduce the score or disqualify photographs of birds that appear to be stressed. Welfare of the subject should be the foremost consideration.
The Bird Photography Competition is being conducted for the department staff in a separate category during the 4th Bird Festival of Goa. The last date for the photography competition is extended till 28th January 2021 (Department Only).
- This contest is open to all
- Photographs of nesting birds or in the nests will be disqualified
- NO photographs of tame or caged birds is allowed.
- Flash Photography is NOT allowed and will be disqualified.
- Bird photos must necessarily be taken in Goa during the period 15th January 2020 to 25th January , 2021 only.
- The photographs, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the Contest entrant.
- Each participant may submit a maximum of 2 entries and must be captioned.
- EXIF information for the image must be intact to prove the date taken.
- Images must be submitted with no borders and also no watermarks. All submitted images must be minimum 1024 pixel on the long side. The images are to be mailed on firstname.lastname@example.org
- The file name has to be in the following format e.g. Ravi Desai_Shikra
- A print in 8×10 inch has to be submitted to the Office of the Deputy Conservator of Forest, Wildlife & Eco-tourism North Goa Division, on or before January 25th, 2021 Ph. No.: 0832 – 2229701. Email: email@example.com
- The details of the photographer (Name, contact No. & email id), location, date, time and caption is to be written on the back of the print.
- All entries must be original (must show original RAW or JPG image file). Optimization of images or colour correction, color contrast, brightness is acceptable, as is cropping. Digital manipulation that distorts the reality of the images will not be allowed.
- The entries are non-returnable. Participants retain the copyright of the photographs submitted. However, the entries may be used or reproduced by the organizers for promotional and educational purposes and Photo credits will be acknowledged.
- The organizers will not be held responsible for any loss or damage to an entry.
- A panel of Wildlife Photographers and Bird experts will evaluate all eligible entries based on the following Judging Criteria:(1) Interesting Behavior (2) Photographic quality (Sharpness, colors, exposure, etc). Decisions of the judges are final and binding. Winners will be notified at the prize giving ceremony.
- The panel of judges reserve the right to call for original JPEG or RAW files for the purpose of authentication. An image may be disregarded if the original files cannot be provided.
- BEST PHOTOS will be printed in A3 photo print and exhibited by the organizers at the Bird Festival venue.
- Three winning photographs will be selected and will be awarded cash prizes:
Prizes will be considered in two categories (open & Department)
- The winners will be announced on January 20, 2021. Winners will also receive an email notification from the GOA FOREST DEPARTMENT.
The Bird Photography competition is being held as an event under the 4th Bird Festival of Goa, 2021 and is organized by the Goa Forest Department, Govt. of Goa and the Goa Bird Conservation Network.